Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mountain Reflection

Oil on 8x8 Gallery wrap canvas 
$50
Click here to purchase this painting

 I tried something new last week using the palette knife for some of the painting. It was fun to use yet I tried a few other paintings with the palette knife and it was very hard to keep the painting in control and ended up with a ton of paint on the canvas!

This particular mountain is in Annecy, France which is where my extended family is from and where my mother and father grew up. My sister took this picture. It's a beautiful place with gigantic mountains and a very pretty town with a lake and canals from the lake that wind through the town.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Karen,how did I miss this one! I think this is your best so far,I love the palette knife work ,it gives the painting more drama and light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Karen. Love all of the subtle tones throughout the painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...