Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Old Barn in Morrisville

Acrylic on 24x18 wrapped canvas
This is a painting I did a few weeks ago but never posted on the blog and since I haven't had time to paint lately I figured I would post it now!  This is from a picture my sister took of an old barn close to where I live.  We have a lot of those old tobacco farm barns around North Carolina and I think they have so much character!

We're preparing to sell our house and move to Wisconsin this summer so I may not be able to paint as much as I would like to for the next few months.  I'm sure when we're settled I'll start painting daily again and from what I hear, Wisconsin has beautiful landscapes!

2 comments:

  1. I love old barns, too. And this one is full of character! You did a great job, Karen. The feeling of sunlight and shadow is awesome.

    And good luck with your move. I will be missing you and looking forward to seeing more of your work. Take care, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darla! Hopefully I'll be able to paint some but if not, I'll be able to look at all the blogs and enjoy it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...