Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Annecy on the Water

Oil on 12x16 Gallery wrap canvas
SOLD

My parents are from this town in France called Annecy.  It's in the Alps about 1 hour from Geneva and is a great place in the winter for skiing and also in the summer because of hiking and swimming in the large lake.  The downtown is very quaint as it has canals that run through the town and little bridges all over.  Very beautiful town, I would highly recommend a visit if you have the opportunity.  This picture was taken by my sister, Audrey, during one of her visits.

2 comments:

  1. Love the reflections,it looks like such a pretty town and a wonderful place to be from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this painting with its reflections, placed so as to create a perfect harmony. I love your latest paintings, trees, shadows ... Bravo Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...