Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 23 - Barjols II

Oil on Paper about 9x12
NFS

I haven't decided what size the final painting will be. I think I'll go with a big one such as a 16x20. It's interesting painting on paper for these studies, the paper soaks the oil paint up and it almost feels dry very quickly.

Day 23!  It's been hard at times to keep up with Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 day challenge but I have learned something very important:  even if you don't feel like painting right then, still go to the studio and start painting!  It's amazing how quickly you start enjoying the process!  I probably won't keep up the weekend painting as much but I think 5 paintings a week will be a good number after the challenge.  How about you guys?

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely my favourite so far!! I love the visible brushwork!! I didn't follow the challenge but I wish I had,I think five paintings is a great goal to have and I'm sure you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play of warm and cool. Also interesting composition. Nice job for sure. I will keep up painting, probably 5 days...we will see. This has been such a great journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great painting, Karen!
    You are so right about getting into the studio. All you have to do is show up at the easel and somehow you end up involved in the process. I'm happy to have found your blog through the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Fay. I'm glad I found your blog as well! I noticed you're from Pinehurst, NC...we just moved from Cary, NC about a year ago! I love Pinehurst, such a quaint beautiful town!

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen - are you using the Arches oil painting paper? I love that stuff. I think these buildings have great line and color! I feel that 'after the challenge', I will try to paint everyday - I want to go bigger than something you can fill up in a day finished. I haven't gone big in awhile. So, I don't know how many it will be per week. I guess - when it gets done (smile).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...