Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 28 - St. Remy

Oil on Paper - Approximately 18x20
NFS

I worked on this scene before. I want to make a really big painting of it so I did a study this morning on paper. I like working on paper as it lets me be more carefree since I'm not using a canvas and expecting to put it up for sale but at the same time it ends up being a little bigger than what I wanted to paint this morning!

This is from St. Remy in Provence, France from a couple year ago. Beautiful estate turned hotel that we stayed at. The path to the hotel lined with trees was just gorgeous! I understand why so many painters went to Provence, the colors are amazing.

2 comments:

  1. The play of sunlight and shadows is stunning!! Amazing work Karen!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...